Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Lil Pumpkin Baby Shower

My mom hosted a baby shower for me on Oct. 23rd. We had a fall/pumpkin themed shower. I feel like we are becoming "green" because this is the third event we've used these decorations for in a year. I love fall so it's the perfect theme in my opinion. Travis and I went to my parent's church for the shower. We had the best appetizers ever. I got all my favorites cocktail weenies, sausage balls, and chicken tenders. One of my mom's friends made these little pumpkin balls that taste just like a Reese's Cup!!!! We had the the most adorable pumpkin shaped cookies with Micah's initials on them and baby themed cupcakes.

Now for the downside of baby showers....

I haven't decided if pregnancy suits me or I'm an absolute fat ass!!! Some ladies know how to word things just right to keep you wondering. Here's a few things I heard Sunday:

Are you sure there isn't another one in there?
You're carrying too high to have a boy!
I can't believe you still have two months to go! (Your eyes must bulge out of your head when you say this.)
Oh my!!! (Once again with the eye bulge)


Thank you to all the ladies who told me I was all belly or that pregnancy suits me. I could hear that all day:)
Micah got tons of goodies. The most hilarious was when we opened a gift with girl clothes in it. HILARIOUS!!!! I have tons of cute clothes and blankets to wash this week. We made major bank in the gift card department. My parents even got Micah a Starbucks gift card!!! I think mommy and daddy will need that first.





1 comment:

  1. Pleased to know about this baby shower party. Last month, I arranged my sister’s baby shower party at an excellent LA venue. Invited all friends and decorated venue with lovely ornaments as well beautiful flowers. Had a lovely party with them.

    ReplyDelete